Stuck wondering what your freebie opt-in should be about? Or are you not even sure why you need one? These are very common questions we hear from website client with Girlboss Designer – especially from those who are more new to the online business world. And I’ve got you covered in this episode!
A freebie (also referred to as irresistible free offer, IFO, or opt-in) is usually found on your website’s homepage, as a pop up on your website, as a stand alone landing page, and/or in other areas within your website. It’s a strategic way to build your email list with potential ideal clients by offering free value in exchange.
But not all freebies are ideal to get you the result you are really after! In this episode I will take you through what traits make up a well crafted and strategic free opt-in for your online business.
BENEFITS OF HAVING A FREEBIE:
- Builds your email list – you can then market to them directly in their inbox
- You own your email list vs. social media which is constantly changing its rules and algorithms
- Build your know-like-trust factor – increases their chances of wanting to work with you
Traits of a Well Crafted Free Opt-in Offer
It positions your paid offering as a next step
- The purpose of your freebie is to prequalify someone to work with you
- It’s more about the right people signing up vs. everyone
- How can you prepare your ideal client to be ready to work with you?
- How can you give them a small taste of your offering?
It meets them where they’re at. Consider:
- Where are they in their journey?
- What do they know already?
- What do they need to know?
- What are they wondering about?
- What are they struggling with?
It gives them a quick win
- This isn’t meant to be a mini course or be something that requires a big investment in time
- This freebie could:
- Help them gain clarity in an area they were confused about (that relates to your paid offering)
- Help them to see something differently or from a new perspective
- Give them a step-by-step process to follow (checklist)
- Take then through a short activity to get a result (workbook or quiz)
- Gives them a quick reference of something in 1 place (cheatsheet)
Has a follow up connection and call to action
- Someone’s just trusted you enough to hand over their email – this is prime time to connect more!
- How can you give them more value and share more about yourself and how you can help
- Nurture email sequences are perfect for this because it’s ALL automated and happening for you
Connect on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristinrichards.co
Want to stay in the loop for all future Create Your Destiny Podcast episodes?!
CLICK HERE to subscribe on Apple Podcasts!